Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Philippines Travel logs – Day 2

Well, day two stated off with a bang. And I am not kidding it was a loud pop and a flash of light and a power outage in my hotel room. That’s what I get for using my own hairdryer while overseas I guess. So after a very embarrassing call and visit from the nice hotel handyman, I was informed it was just a breaker flipping but that my hairdryer is fried. I just got that hair dryer like a year ago! Good hairdryers are hard to find….then there was the visit from one of the hotel managers because I couldn’t get into my safe. I work for a computer company but apparently typing in a 5 digit code I picked out to open the darn thing is beyond me. Turn out I was not pushing the door hard enough when I was keying in the code. *eye roll* Since I didn’t know what time I needed to be to work I chose to go in early. If I knew this entailed me sitting in a lobby for 45 minutes while they decided to do with me I would have slept in. Once I got to where I needed to go (which was the 3rd floor not the 2nd) it was just fine. Working at night has not been an issue. There are windows in the call center, but since I am used to working in one without any the absence of daylight goes unnoticed by me. The hotel has great black out curtains so I don’t have issues sleeping during the day. In fact I find myself being surprised when I open them right before I got to bed and find it is REALLY bright outside. That was about it for day two. Ate some fried rice with prawns and ordered a chocolate croissant…which turned out to be 6 croissants….so I have breakfast for the “morning.” I did see on the news and they are expecting a typhoon, which from what I gather is just another word for hurricane. Awesome, rain and wind here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I told you what I think, now you do the same!